Friday, April 18, 2014

Hosanna, Hosanna

   “Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the Highest”
   These are words that we relate to Palm Sunday,  the day we remember Jesus riding in on a donkey with crowds of people shouting as He rode by.  Interesting enough Hosanna, meaning “oh save”, can only be found in this story of the Bible. We also remember the miracle of the unbroken donkey.  The donkey that had never been ridden before, yet under the control of the Master of the Universe, Jesus, was calm and performed beautifully even in an abnormal setting.  I have wondered what the owner of the donkey was thinking as he watched the whole parade, the shouting, the palm branches, and the excitement taking place.  I wonder if he was holding his breath, hoping for the best because we all know how unpredictable donkeys can be.  But under the control of Jesus, this donkey did exactly what it was suppose too.
   This last week on Palm Sunday, a couple of boys willing cut some branches that we used during our song service at the English fellowship.  
    For over 20 minutes the children, tirelessly waved the branches.  As I watched the excitement on their faces amidst the branches, my heart was touched.  Do I have that much excitement about  Jesus?  His death on the cross was enough to pay for the sins of the world but more importantly He paid the price for my sin.  He won the victory.  How excited am I?  Is the joy of Jesus overflowing my life?


   Today is Good Friday, a day when we remember the final hours of Jesus.  Normally, to me it’s a solemn day.  Yet this year, I just kept thinking “Hosanna in the Highest, Jesus has won the victory.”  In my mind, I keep seeing the kids waving their branches last Sunday.  And I rejoice because while Jesus did die, he also rose again.  He paid the price for my sins.  Hosanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment