Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Children's Day

   June 1st in Mozambique is Children’s Day. It’s a day where people give gifts, have parties, and celebrate the life of a child.
   Our kids have been asking for a while, when is our day.  We have Father’s Day and Mother’s Day, but what about having a Kid’s day.  So this year we decided to celebrate.  We decided to allow them to do fun things for the day that we normally limit.  So they spent the morning playing electronic games.  They ordered their favorite lunch, macaroni and cheese with hotdogs and Fanta (orange soda). Best of all, they didn’t have to have a nap/rest.  Then we headed off to English Fellowship.  There was a special surprise for my kids as there was Sunday School for them.  My kids were even kind enough to allow me to take a picture of them. J It was a fun day.




As I think about each of my children, I’m so thankful for who God has made them.  Alissa is growing up and learning to love the Lord and follow him.  Justin is quick to smile and loves playing jokes on people.  Kayla is full of personality and love to express her excitement about something with a jump and a cheer.  I’m so thankful that God has blessed us with these three precious children.

No comments:

Post a Comment